Saturday, March 17, 2018

Glenbeg Lough, Beara Peninsula


I've had a productive few days with the snow two weeks ago (more is forecast for tonight and it's cold today - I always feel sorry for the Texas majorettes at the St Patrick's Day Parade! But at least they're moving! I feel sorrier for our president and also for Mark Hamil (Luke from Star Wars), who is the International Guest of Honour, who will be sitting for hours while the parade walks past!)!

This is a view of Glenbeg Lough, on the Beara Peninsula. The day we walked that road was a soft day, indeed, after a gloriously sunny day the day before. So we couldn't see the hills at the end of the lake. A good excuse for wet-in-wet painting! We encountered a few sheep, and a man who seemed keen on us not walking towards his house. We respectfully retreated!

For the greens, I used a technique from Marc Taro Holmes, which he calls "charging" I think, whereby you drop pure pigments into a damp wash. It makes for a lot of unexpected watercolour magic!

Now, I'm going to try and make the most of the long weekend for some more painting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment