Sunday, March 04, 2018

Amazing sky over Dublin bay


I was driving back from Sandycove a few weeks ago, after a short afternoon with Dublin Sketchers. Short because the weather was too cold to hold a pen or a paintbrush for more than 10 minutes!

On my way home, I decided to take the coast road. I don't know why. It just felt right. When I got near Seapoint, the sky just lit up. It was so wonderful I had to park, get out of the car, and take lots of pictures.

When I got home, I knew I had to paint that feeling!

Here is one of the original photos (taken with my iPhone -it's not new, but it takes nice photos when the light is right):


2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous work and my favourite swimming hole...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cathy! It's a beautiful spot, with lots of sea and sky! I will never know about the swimming bit, though, as I refuse to swim in the Irish sea or the Atlantic Ocean - way too cold for me!

    ReplyDelete