Tuesday, November 21, 2017

What I bought with my voucher!

In case you're bored with my goings-on about pigments and watercolour papers, here is a little diversion!

Remember I won the prize for the Nation Paints on RTE, the mini-competition accompanying Painting the Nation (which was won by Hazel Higgins, a young Sligo woman, who was a student of my good friend Máire Hynes, a ledge of an art teacher, according to her student ratings on RateMyTeacher.ie, by the way!)? Well, that One4All voucher has been burning a hole in my pocket since I received it. Since the main art stores in Dublin are not covered by the voucher, I had to have a think about what to do with it? Grocery shopping in SuperValu? Pet supplies for my four-legged friends? Make-up from Boots? A spa day? A weekend away? A nice meal out? Difficult choices.

Most of all, I wanted to get lots of things, not just one big thing. And what do I do when I want value for money?
I go to TKMaxx!!
I tried 10 different tops and knitwear and I narrowed it down to three items.
With still plenty of money on the voucher, I headed to Schuh and got myself a pair of Sketchers pumps. Then to Fat Face where I bought a gorgeous teal top.
And I still have over €75 left on the voucher!


No comments:

Post a Comment