Sunday, October 22, 2017

Ulysses

I was so lucky to get tickets to Ulysses, the Dermot Bolger play adaptation of James Joyce's big book!
One word
Brilliant
It had everything in it, just like the book, the whole of Irish society, politics, religion, alcohol, philosophy, humour, dirty talk, scatological jokes, pathos, comedy, puppetry, singing, dancing, music.
Just loved it!
And I'm wondering if Blazes Boylan's dance was inspired by Sweets in Buffy's Once More With Feeling!
I believe the current run is sold out, so you'll have to take my word for it! But if it comes back, make sure to get on-stage cabaret seats, a little uncomfortable, but right in the heart of the action!



And of course, I had my sketchbook with me, and I did manage a quick sketch in the lobby of the Abbey Theatre!

No comments:

Post a Comment