Saturday, October 15, 2016

Fall

Walking on my own these days. Well, not really on my own. If it wasn't for the big boy, I wouldn't be walking half as much. But with a sick husband, no chat means noticing my environment more acutely.
Not sure this counts as poetry? If there is such a thing as impressionistic poetry, then maybe that's what it is. Warning: I'm no good at counting syllables, or rhyming. 

Fall

That's the fruit of something 
Disgusting 
Hum
Crunch
Flex
Distant bark
Flying
Singing 
Smoke
Sweet
Can't put my finger on it
Ears cocked
Wild chirping 
Communicating
They talk to each other, you know 

Wing Overhead
Plop Plop Plop
Are you ready? Are you ready?
If you did this every day, you’d become very good
Black dog
Purple tshirts
Interest perked
The smell of hops
Or is it barley?
Brown tunic
Sophisticated smell
Haze over the aerials
Mist
Yellow
They’re everywhere

Woof Woof
Runners
I hate them
Red tshirt
Thank you
Heel
Gorgeous
Two mottled
Well done everyone

Red
Four Seasons
Hot Hot Hot
Before that
The girls
I can hear them too
Neil
Chicken
Home
And before, forgot

Smell of laundry

No comments:

Post a Comment