Friday, May 15, 2015

Self portraits



I promised I would stick at it, no matter how difficult I find it.  This one I drew without looking at the page at all. I struggle with proportions. I have to trust that some day I will recognise myself in these self-portraits.


This one I started without looking at the page. Then I gave up and looked at the page a lot. And it got worse and worse. And I do not recognise myself (thankfully?)

Is there anything positive I can take away from this?
  1. I like how I drew my hair, without worrying about the detail, but catching some elements quite well.
  2. The two little squiggles for the nose are pretty, and can definitely be incorporated in some form of portrait.
  3. I hate to say this, but there is something about the chin that is accurately "me"
  4. Portraits with glasses are hard. Maybe I should wear my contact lenses the next time I draw a self-portrait.

No comments:

Post a Comment