Monday, March 11, 2013

Art journals

Every week, I get suggestions from YouTube - mostly art technique videos. Yesterday, I discovered a lovely tutorial on backgrounds for art journals, using gesso and watercolour pencils.

It inspired me to try the technique with Caran D'Ache Neocolor II watersoluble wax pastels that I got a while back. I hadn't quite figured out what to do with them, but they are ideal for this technique - rub it on gessoed paper over two facing pages, then apply a little water with a flat brush. Close the pages together and open to discover a vibrant blend of colours.

On one of the pages, I decided to apply a sheet of bubble wrap for a more textured effect.



It looks pretty as it is, but I'm not sure what to do next with it!






PS: The box I have is a set of 10 but I have seen on Cheap Joes that there are lovely greens and blues in the set of 15, and plenty more hues in the set of 126 - it's pricey, though, so I don't think I'll be getting that one unless I become very rich!

No comments:

Post a Comment